Friday 27 February 2015

Book 3 - first draft - done!

Today sees me beginning revisions on my third novel. Completing the first draft of any novel is a real milestone and one to be cherished but the emotional journey on which I've accompanied my characters is over. Revisions and edits have their very own joys and challenges. It’s time to take a step back and think about whether something works and how to make it better, to polish those scenes so readers can really picture what my characters are up to. Now begins a very different journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, congrats on completing your third novel! It's a nice feeling, isn't it? Keeping my fingers crossed it'll soon be up there on the bookshop shelves :)
    Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. Thanks! Got to keep plugging away, chasing the dream. It's too good to let go.
    xx

    ReplyDelete