Thursday 5 March 2015

World Book Day

With today being World Book Day, I couldn't resist the invitation to pop along to my daughter’s school to read some extracts to the children. 






I read an excerpt from Louis Sacher’s clever and insightful ‘Holes’. A wonderful story about friendship and a book I’d bought long before my daughter was even a twinkle in her father’s eye.




Then I went on to the Kindergarten to read what used to be my daughter’s favourite story.
The ability to lose ourselves in a book starts early and their enthusiasm was infectious.





And my favourite book?


                 Naturally.
And I was blown away by Victoria Parker’s début novel Princess in the Iron Mask.









A day dedicated to books? What more do we need?

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be wonderful if every day was a book day! Hi, Sarah, it was great to catch up with you at Leeds over the weekend. Wasn't it a fab retreat? Already looking forward to the next, and the conference in between, of course :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa. Books are magic, aren't they?! Had a super time in Leeds and it was lovely to see you again. See you in July for the conference. xx

    ReplyDelete